respect to the information. We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors. This
defines how we will treat your personal information.
(e.g., customer service inquiries, conference calls, phone calls, etc.) you may have with Molport. If
agree with the terms, do not access or use our services, websites or any other aspect of Molport's
2. What information we collect or receive?
We may collect, receive, store and use the following of your data in numerous ways:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of the Molport website,
such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, geographical location, browser type and settings,
length of visit and number of page views;
- information that you provide to us for creating your registered profile (including, but
not limited to your title, first name, middle name, last name, email address, etc.);
- information relating to any proposed or actual sales or purchases of seller products you
make in relation to the website (including, but not limited to your title, first name, middle name,
address, phone number, company, company's VAT number, company's EIN number, country and address,
number, payment and bank details, and credit card details, etc.);
- information that you provide to us for subscribing to our website services, email
notifications and/or newsletters (including your email address); and
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
Certain information is collected automatically, while other is provided by you personally. We may be
provide you with our services in case of insufficient information. The legal basis for the collecting
of your personal data is your consent and/or any other applicable legal basis, such as our legitimate
interest in engaging in commerce and offering products and services of value to you.
We have implemented and use display advertising, including remarketing, in conjunction with the Molport
use remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online, meaning that third party vendors show our ads
across the Internet. We, as well as the above stated vendors, use first-party cookies and third-party
as the DoubleClick cookie) to inform, optimize and serve ads based on past visits. You may opt out of
DoubleClick cookie by visiting the Google
advertising opt-out page or you may opt out of Google Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics opt-out
5. Using your personal data
Personal data submitted on via the Molport website will be used for the purposes specified in this
in relevant parts of the website. Any personal information we collect from the Molport website will be
accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and any amendments to it, implemented by the
and other applicable laws.
We may use your personal information to:
provide, update, maintain, protect or in any other way administer our website and
- analyze, improve and monitor your browsing experience by personalizing the
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- facilitate sales and purchases of products made via or in relation to the website or
other communication, to provide service fulfillment we may pass your details to another organization
deliver products or services you have purchased;
- for billing, account management and other administrative matters we will send statements
and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- for data storing, we use third party Customer Relationship Management software. You can
find out more about how your privacy is protected here;
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications. These communications are
considered part of our services and you may not opt-out of them.;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send you marketing commercial communications relating to our business, which we think may
be of interest to you, by post or by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time, if
wish to receive any particular type of content sent to you by emailing us; see Contact section
subscribe to receiving our marketing communications, your data will be added to a third-party
software. You can find out more about how your privacy is protected here;
- provide third parties with clustered, segmented or in any other way aggregated or
de-identified statistical information about our users without identifying any individual user. Third
not be allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes; and
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
We will not provide your personal information to any third parties for direct marketing without your
consent. We will use your payment or bank details to collect or remit payments from or to you. All
processed by a payment services provider (First Data Corporation, or other). By placing or in any other
committing to an order with us, you grant explicit permission to disclose your personal information to
services provider. We retain any data (collected or provided) for as long as is considered necessary for
intended purpose (including as required by any applicable law or regulation). Specific retention periods
obtained by emailing us. See Contact section below.
6. Other disclosures
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere in this Privacy
may disclose information about you:
to the extent that we are required to do so by any applicable regulation or law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to
others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are
7. International data transfers
Information that we collect may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the countries
operate. In addition, certain personal information provided by suppliers or partners will be published
website and available via the Internet around the world; and personal information provided by suppliers
prospective), partners and buyers (also prospective) will be passed between the relevant parties
their geographical location.
Should you be located in the European Economic Area (EEA), the information you provide may be transferred
countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force within the EEA. You
to such transfers.
8. Security of your personal data
We take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, unauthorized
disclosure, or alteration of any of your personal information (provided, collected, processed or
We will store all personal information you provide on our secure (firewall- and password-protected)
electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology. We may
party server management service that use high security standards and have received internationally
security certifications (ISO) for any information security management or data storage in the cloud.
Data transmission over the Internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data
transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you to
9. External web services
We may use external web services on our website to display content or provide functionality. We cannot
sites or external domains from collecting information on your usage of any embedded content. Any
provider may gather anonymous usage information of your online activity. You should exercise caution and
the privacy statements applicable to any external service provider or website.
10. Policy amendments
substantially alter your privacy rights. If you disagree with any changes to this Policy, you should
Molport Team about this fact and cease using our service and visit our website.
11. Your rights
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. According to the General
Protection Regulation you have the right to:
- instruct us to provide you with a copy of any personal information we hold about
- object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing;
- have the data we hold about you transferred to another organization;
- request that we delete your personal information and data, so it is erased from our
records, if it does not contradict with any other law or regulation;
- subject it to any exemptions provided by law, you may have the right to update, delete or
correct this information;
- object to automated processing.
Please let us know by email, if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or
12. Third party websites
Our website contains links to other websites (including, but not limited to suppliers, customers,
providers, etc.). We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties, unless we have your permission or
by law to do so.
email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Molport (see address
Contact Us page).
Version 1.3, May 17, 2018