Please read these Terms carefully, as they set out our and your legal rights and obligations
By using our Website you agree to be bound by these Terms; and if register with the Website,
will ask you
specifically agree to these Terms.
We will not file a copy of these Terms specifically in relation to you, and they may not be
accessible on our
Website in future. You should therefore print a copy of these Terms for future reference.
These Terms are available in the English language only.
We provide a marketplace for Buyers and Sellers. We are not party to the sale or purchase of Products
the Website by a Seller to a Buyer, and accordingly we will not be liable to any person in relation to
sale or any Seller's offer for sale of Products. Except for our limited role in processing payments, we
involved in any underlying transaction between Buyers and Sellers in any way. See Clause 14.7 for more
Where Molport sells Products directly via the Website, such sales will be exclusively governed by the
Terms of Sale and Supply.
We would also like to draw your attention, in particular, to Clause 3.2 of these Terms, which provides
must not conduct any systematic data collection, scraping, data mining, data extraction or automated
harvesting activities on or in relation to the Website.
1. Definitions and interpretation
1.1 In these Terms:
"Buyer" means a person (legal or natural) who buys or proposes to buy Products from a
Website (which person may be Molport itself (where Molport notifies the Seller that this is the case));
"Catalogue Information" means information about Products held on or in relation to the
"Force Majeure Event" means any event which is beyond our reasonable control (including
failures of or problems with the internet or a part of the internet, failures of any of our internet
providers, hacker attacks, virus and other malicious software attacks or infections, power failures,
disputes affecting any third party, governmental regulations, fires, floods, disasters, civil riots,
attacks or wars);
"Intellectual Property Rights" means all intellectual property rights wherever in the
whether registered or unregistered (and including any application or right of application), including
limitation copyright, moral rights, performers' rights, performers' moral rights, know-how, confidential
information, trade secrets, business names and domain names, trade marks, patents, petty patents,
models, design rights, semi-conductor topography rights, database rights and all rights in the nature of
competition rights or rights to sue for passing off;
"Molport Fee" has the meaning given to it in Clause 11.1;
"Molport Guarantee" means the guarantee provided by Molport to protect Buyers as
"Products" means the chemicals and chemical compounds intended primarily for laboratory
for sale and sold by Sellers to Buyers via the Website;
"Purchase Price" means the amount payable by a Buyer to a Seller in respect of a
via the Website;
"Quote" means a non-binding quotation provided by a Seller in response to a Buyer
accordance with Clause 7 (which must include all of the Seller's terms and conditions of sale);
"Seller" means a person who sells or proposes to sell Products via the Website
Molport Inc - sales of Products by these companies will be governed exclusively by the Molport Terms of
"Seller Information" means all information relating to the Seller and/or the Seller's
published on, or transmitted via, the Website, or supplied or provided to Buyers;
"Seller Terms" means the Seller's terms and conditions for the sale of Products;
"User Content" means all works, materials and content that you copy, store, host,
or distribute via the Website; and
"Website" means the website at www.Molport.com or any successor site operated by us from
1.2 References in these Terms to "we" or "us" mean: (i) where the Buyer and the Seller are both situated
USA, Molport, Inc. of c/o Slokenbergs PLLC, 291 Main Street, Beacon, New York, United States,
(ii) otherwise, Molport SIA of Lacplesa street 41, Riga, LV1011, Latvia.
1.3 References in these Terms to "you" mean: the person using the Website; and in the case of Buyers, the
(natural or legal) making or proposing to make a purchase of Products; and in the case of Sellers, the
(natural or legal) making or proposing to make a sale of Products.
2. Intellectual Property Rights
2.1 We or our licensors own the Intellectual Property Rights in the Website and material on the Website.
2.2 You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages from the Website for your own use
distribution within your organisation, subject to the restrictions below.
2.3 Save where you are acting in relation to material in which you own or are the licensee of the
rights, you must not:
- (a) republish material from this Website (including republication on another website);
- (b) sell, rent or sub-license material on the Website; or
- (c) distribute or redistribute material from the Website.
2.4 You must not edit or otherwise modify any material on the Website, save:
- (a) where you are acting in relation to material in which you own or are the licensee of the
- (b) in the course of using a feature of the Website designed for editing or modifying such material.
2.5 You grant to us a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable licence:
- (a) to copy, store, host, transit, send or distribute, and to publish on the Website all Catalogue
Information and all User Content that you publish (or request that we publish) on the Website; and
- (b) to copy, store, host, transit, send or distribute all other User Content.
3. Acceptable use
3.1 You must not use the Website:
- (a) in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or impairment of the availability or
accessibility of the Website;
- (b) in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any
illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity;
(c) to copy, store, host, transit, send, publish or distribute:
(i) mass mailings or spam or any other material that may
cause inconvenience or annoyance to an internet user;
(ii) material which: is defamatory, obscene, indecent,
hateful, discriminatory or inflammatory; infringes any person's Intellectual Property Rights or rights
confidence; impinges upon any person's privacy; constitutes incitement to commit a crime; or is
deceptive, sexually explicit, threatening, abusive, harassing or menacing; or
(iii) material which is illegal or unlawful, or material
which could give rise to legal action under English law or any other applicable law.
3.2 You must not conduct any systematic data collection, scraping, data mining, data extraction or
harvesting activities on or in relation to the Website.
3.3 You must not use the Website to copy, store, host, transit, send, publish or distribute any material
consists of (or directly or indirectly links to) any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs or other
programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously
expropriate any system, data or personal information.
4. Registered users
4.1 Access to certain areas of the Website is restricted to registered users.
4.2 We reserve the right to restrict access to other areas of the Website, or indeed the whole Website,
4.3 You warrant that all information that you provide during the registration process is true, accurate,
reasonably complete, and not misleading.
4.4 You undertake to keep all information we hold in our database submitted by you up-to-date.
4.5 You must not allow any other person to use any user ID and password, and you must ensure that your
and password are kept confidential.
4.6 You accept responsibility for all activities that occur under or in relation to your user ID and
4.7 We reserve the right to reject at any time any registered user or application to become a registered
our sole discretion.
5. Website services
5.1 The services available on the Website for all registered users include:
- (a) a molecule editor;
- (b) a chemical search facility;
- (c) facilities to browse and view Seller catalogues; and
- (d) a service enabling the purchase of Products from Sellers.
5.2 The services available on the Website for Sellers include:
- (a) the ability to upload and manage Seller catalogues;
- (b) logistics assistance; and
- (c) a Product sale service.
5.3 The Website services will be provided free-of-charge, save that the Molport Fee will be payable by
respect of all Products sold via the Website.
5.4 We may vary the services available on the Website in our absolute discretion at any time, with or
6. Seller Information and Products
6.1 Sellers must ensure that all Seller Information:
- (a) is true, accurate, reasonably complete and not misleading;
- (b) is provided in an appropriate form or format;
- (c) does not violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance, regulation or code;
- (d) does not infringe any third party rights (including Intellectual Property Rights); and
- (e) will not give rise to any cause of action against us or the Seller in any jurisdiction.
6.2 If you become aware of any Seller Information on the Website which breaches these Terms, you must
6.3 The only Products which may be sold and/or offered for sale via the Website are chemical compounds
primarily for laboratory research which it is legal for the Seller to sell and offer for sale under all
6.4 If a person believes that Seller Information relating to them has been published upon the Website in
they should contact us and we will investigate and, where appropriate, remove such information. We will
deal with any such errors within 30 days of receipt of notice of the error.
7. The purchasing process
7.1 In order to request a Quote for the supply of Products from a Seller, a Buyer must:
- (a) register with the Website;
- (b) identify the Products required using the Website search and browse facilities; and
- (c) contact us via the Website to request a Quote, providing full details of the Products required,
address for delivery, and any specific date for delivery.
7.2 We will then contact the selected Seller (or, where no specific Seller has been selected, we will
or more of the Sellers offering the relevant Products for sale) to request a Quote.
7.3 Where a Quote or Quotes are provided, we will pass those on to the Buyer.
7.4 The Buyer may accept a Quote by giving to us written notice of acceptance of the Quote.
7.5 A contract between the Seller and the Buyer for the sale and purchase of the relevant Products will
force (unless the Buyer and the Seller expressly agree otherwise) if (and only if) having received
from a Seller that an order will be fulfilled, we:
- (a) notify the Buyer that the order will be fulfilled; and
- (b) receive in cleared funds from the Buyer all amounts due in respect of the Products.
7.6 The only Products which may be bought via the Website are chemical compounds intended primarily for
laboratory research which it is legal for the Buyer to buy and use under all applicable laws.
8. Order fulfillment
8.1 Sellers must respond to requests for Quotes, provide Quotes and respond to acceptances of Quotes by
within a reasonable time; and Sellers must use all reasonable endeavours to meet the following response
- (a) respond to requests for Quotes made by us within 2 working days;
- (b) provide any Quote within 5 working days of receipt of a request; and
- (c) respond to acceptances of Quotes by Buyers within 2 working days of receipt of our notice of
8.2 Sellers and Buyers must comply with the Seller Terms in all respects.
8.3 Sellers and Buyers must comply with all applicable laws in relation to any proposed or actual sale or
purchase of Products.
9. Minimum contractual standards
9.1 Sellers must ensure that their Seller Terms meet the following minimum standards, and Sellers
to Molport that:
- (a) any written terms and conditions of sale must be supplied by the Seller to the Buyer with the
- (b) pricing (including any applicable delivery, insurance costs and taxes) must be transparent;
- (c) delivery must be made within 30 days of acceptance of a Quote unless expressly agreed otherwise;
- (d) appropriate means of delivery of the Products must be used;
- (e) in the event that the Products are not delivered on time, or that the Products delivered are
materially different from the Products ordered, or that the Products delivered are not of a
quality, the Seller must refund the full amount of the contract price (including any applicable
delivery, insurance costs and taxes) to the Buyer using the same payment means as were used by the
to effect the original payment; and
- (f) customs fees, import duties and similar amounts payable in respect of the Products must be paid
10. Buyer payments and obligations
10.1 The Buyer must pay to Molport by credit card or bank transfer and in accordance with the payment
instructions on the Website all amounts due under a contract for the sale and purchase of Products
into via the Website.
10.2 Molport will remit any payment properly received under Clause 10.1 to the appropriate Seller within
days of receipt of the payment in full in cleared funds, subject to deduction of the Molport Fee in
accordance with Clause 11.
10.3 The Buyer hereby agrees to the terms of the Molport Guarantee (as updated from time to time by
in its sole discretion).
10.4 Buyers and Sellers agree that it is their responsibility to determine whether value added taxes,
taxes, or other taxes apply to their transactions and to collect, report, and remit any such tax to the
appropriate tax authorities.
11. Molport Fee
11.1 In respect of each sale of Products made by a Buyer in accordance with the provisions of these
the Seller must pay to us:
- (a) where Molport notifies the Seller of a particular amount or percentage before the Seller
with the Buyer to sell the Products, that amount or percentage; or
- (b) otherwise, 15% of each Purchase Price, in each case plus any applicable sales, value added or
taxes (the "Molport Fee").
11.2 We may (in our sole discretion) either:
- (a) deduct the Molport Fee from the amounts received from the Buyer in respect of the Purchase Price
which case we will issue an invoice to the Seller upon the deduction being made);
- (b) issue an invoice to the Seller from the Molport Fee, which the Seller must pay in full in
funds within 30 days of the date of issue of the invoice.
11.3 We will be entitled to charge interest on any overdue amount under this Agreement at the annual rate
8% above the US base rate of HSBC Bank Plc from time to time. Such interest will accrue daily and be
12. Limited warranties
12.1 You warrant to us that:
- (a) you that can lawfully enter into and form contracts under applicable law;
- (b) you have full authority, power and capacity to enter into these Terms and that all necessary
have been taken to enable you to lawfully enter into these Terms; and
- (c) that the User Content and its use by us in accordance with these Terms will not infringe any
party Intellectual Property Rights or other third party rights, will not breach any applicable law,
will not give rise to any cause of action against us or you.
12.2 Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on the Website is correct, we do not warrant its
completeness or accuracy; nor do we commit to ensuring that the Website remains available or that the
material on the Website is kept up-to-date.
12.3 We do not undertake to monitor your use of the Website or the posting of any material by you or any
third party on the Website.
12.4 Subject to the warranties expressly set out in these Terms, we do not grant to you any warranties or
make any representations relating to the Website or your use of the Website, and we exclude all such
warranties and representations.
You will indemnify us and keep us indemnified against any losses, damages, costs, liabilities and
(including without limitation legal expenses and any amounts paid by us to a third party in settlement
claim or dispute on the advice of our legal advisers) incurred or suffered by us arising out of any
by you of any term of these Terms, or arising out of any claim that you have breached any term of these
14. Limitations and exclusions of liability
14.1 Nothing in these Terms will exclude or limit our liability for fraud, for death or personal injury
caused by our negligence, or for any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under
14.2 Subject to Clause 14.1 we will not be liable to you for:
- (a) any consequential, special or indirect loss or damage; and
- (b) any loss of profit, contracts, business, goodwill, data, income, revenue or anticipated savings;
arising under these Terms or in connection with the Website, whether arising in tort, contract, or
14.3 In addition, and subject to Clause 14.1, to the extent that information and services on the Website
provided free-of-charge, you acknowledge that it would be unreasonable to hold us liable in respect of
information and those services, and we exclude all liability in relation to that information and those
14.4 We will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of a Force Majeure Event. Where a Force
Event gives rise to a failure or delay in us performing our obligations under these Terms, those
will be suspended for the duration of the Force Majeure Event.
14.5 If, notwithstanding the limitations of liability in these Terms, we are found to be liable to you,
liability will be limited in any 12 month period to the greater of:
- (a) the total Molport Fees you paid to us during that period; and
- (b) US$10,000.
14.6 You accept that we have an interest in limiting the personal liability of our officers and
Having regard to that interest, and subject to Clause 14.1, you accept that we are a limited liability
entity and agree that you will not bring any claim personally against individual officers or employees
respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the Website. The provisions of this Clause 14.6 will
limit or exclude the liability of the company itself for the acts and omissions of our officers and
14.7 Subject to Clause 14.1, Buyers and Sellers acknowledge that:
- (a) we do not confirm the identity of Buyers or Sellers, check the credit worthiness or bona fides
Buyers or Sellers, or otherwise vet Buyers or Sellers;
- (b) we do not check, audit or monitor Seller Information;
- (c) we provide a marketplace for Buyers and Sellers and are not party to the sale or purchase of
Products sold via the Website;
- (d) except for our limited role in processing payments, we are not involved in any underlying
transaction between Buyers and Sellers in any way; and
- (e) we are not the agents for any Seller or Buyer;
and accordingly we will not be liable to any person, whether acting as Buyer or Seller or otherwise, in
relation to the offer for sale or sale or purchase of any Products via the Website; furthermore we are
responsible for the enforcement of any contractual obligations arising out of a contract for the sale or
purchase of any Products and we will have no obligation to mediate between parties to any such contract.
14.8 Sellers and Buyers:
- (a) agreed to the publication of feedback and ratings about them by others on the Website;
- (b) acknowledge that such feedback and ratings may be critical or defamatory; and
- (c) will not hold us liable in respect of any such feedback or rating, irrespective of whether we
aware or ought to have been aware of such feedback or ratings.
15. Breaches of these Terms
15.1 Without prejudice to our other rights under these Terms, if you breach these Terms in any way, or if
reasonably suspect that you have breached any of these Terms in any way, we may:
- (a) delete or edit any of your Seller Information;
- (b) send you one or more formal warnings;
- (c) temporarily suspend your account and/or your access to the Website;
- (d) delete your account with the Website and/or permanently prohibit you from using the Website;
- (e) block computers using your IP address from accessing the Website;
- (f) contact your internet services provider and request that they block your access to the Website;
- (g) bring court proceeding against you for breach of contract or otherwise.
15.2 Where we suspend or prohibit your access to the Website or a part of the Website, you must not take
action to circumvent such suspension or prohibition (including without limitation using a different
16.1 The Website includes links to other websites provided by third parties. These links are not
recommendations, and are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of
websites, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use
16.2 Molport and our logo are trade marks belonging to us. We give no permission for the use of these
marks, and such use may constitute an infringement of our rights. The other registered and unregistered
trade marks or service marks on the Website are the property of their respective owners. Unless stated
otherwise, we do not endorse and are not affiliated with any of the holders of any such rights and as
we cannot grant any licence to exercise such rights.
16.3 If any provision of these Terms is held invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent
the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect, and such invalid or
unenforceable provisions or portion thereof will be deemed omitted.
16.4 No waiver by us of any provision of these Terms, whether by conduct or otherwise, in any one or more
instances, will be deemed to be, or be construed as, a further or continuing waiver of that provision or
other provision of these Terms by us.
16.5 The agreement under these Terms is made for the benefit of the parties to it and is not intended to
benefit, or be enforceable by, any other person. The right of the parties to terminate, rescind, or
any amendment, variation, waiver or settlement under these Terms is not subject to the consent of any
16.6 You may not assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise transfer your rights and/or obligations under
these Terms. Any attempt by you to do so will be null and void. We may assign, charge, sub-contract or
otherwise transfer our rights and/or obligations under these Terms without giving you notice or
16.7 We may vary these Terms from time-to-time by posting a revised version on the Website. Your
use of the Website thereafter will constitute your acceptance of the revised Terms.
16.8 These Terms, and in the case of Buyers the Molport Guarantee, constitute the entire agreement
you and us in relation to your use of the Website, and supersede all previous agreements in respect of
use of the Website.
16.9 These Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
17. About us
17.1 The website is owned and operated by Molport SIA, a limited liability company established under the
of Latvia and having its principal place of business at Lacplesa street 41, Riga, LV1011, Latvia and by
Molport, Inc. of Molport, Inc. c/o Slokenbergs PLLC, 291 Main Street, Beacon, New York, United States,
17.2 Molport SIA company registration number is 40003881547 and its VAT number is LV40003881547, Molport,
Inc. Employers Identification Number is 83-4636169.
17.3 If you wish to contact Molport SIA or Molport, Inc., you should do so by writing to the above
by email to info@Molport.com.
Version 1.3, July 7, 2019